Find out more
The Hague Apostille is a note or page added to a certified copy of the documents to be legalised.
You will need it if your document needs to be legally valid in the destination country. If your document was issued by any of the following countries, you will definitely need to have the Apostille.
Bosnia and Herzegovina
People’s Republic of China
Republic of Korea
United States of America
United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Republic of North Macedonia
Republic of Moldova
You can apply for one in person at:
- Citizen’s Advice and Information Bureau of the Ministry of Justice.
- Regional Offices of the Ministry of Justice and Local Offices in Ceuta and Melilla.
- Government Secretary’s Offices for the Supreme Courts and Courts of the cities of Ceuta and Melilla. As regards notarial and private documents, you should apply for one at a Notary’s Office. For public legal documents issued by the Audiencia Nacional and Supreme Courts of Justice by the Government Secretaries of the respective courts or those delegated by them.
You can also apply for one online at: https://sede.mjusticia.gob.es/cs/Satellite/Sede/es/tramites/apostilla-electronica
- Public administration documents: sworn translation of university degree certificates, academic records, diplomas, etc.
- Legal public documents: sworn translation of birth, marriage or death certificates, criminal record certificates, trademarks and patents etc.
- Official certificates: sworn translation of contracts, wills, powers of attorney, quality certificates and those certifying products, ingredient labels, etc.
If you have any other questions about sworn translation or certified translation, please do not hesitate to contact us. You can call us on (+34) 91 523 02 58 or click on this link for more information. We would be delighted to help you with your project.